Worship begins at 9:30am, with Christian Education for all ages following at 11:00. There is an informal fellowship time (with coffee & tea) between worship and CE. Many members share in the worship time alongside pastoral leadership. We seek to make this experience comfortable for all, meaning that there are no expectations about dress, or previous church experience.
Tables are provided in the sanctuary for families with children who would like to draw, color, write as they absorb the worship message. A special children’s time is also included in our worship.
While we do not have a formal worship band, we have a number of gifted musicians who share their talents in leading the congregation in worship through song. While congregational singing in parts is valued, all are invited to join in as they feel comfortable. We embrace a variety of diverse music. An invitation is open to anyone wishing to share their musical gifts.
Nursery care is provided for all preschool children during worship. Tables are placed in the sanctuary families with children to be able to color or write during worship service. A special children’s time is always included in worship service.
Adult and Children’s Education
Classes are available for all school-aged children and are grouped together by age.
The adults gather in one class, focusing on different topics over the course of the year. The class emphasis is on discernment together and active participation of everyone.
Special Worship Services
Throughout the year the following special worship services are planned: yearly Covenant Service, Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Easter Sunday, All Saint’s Day, and a Longest Night Service held on December 21.
The Covenant service is a time for persons to share their intent to commit themselves to the life of the congregation for the coming year. This is in place of a “membership role” which is usually a one-time commitment. This service underscores PMF’s belief that the Christian life is one of a daily walk in the way of Jesus, a commitment that is best made and evaluated along the way.
Click on the link above to see our most recent weekly bulletins.
Our August series focus statement: After considering reflections from the Old Testament and the life and teachings of Jesus we look forward to what the rest of the New Testament, and in particular the role of the Holy Spirit, have to teach us about our response to the pandemic.
- January 17, 2021 Second Epiphany Sunday. We hear from Paul Brubaker.
- January 10, 2021 You are my beloved child. We hear from Paul Brubaker.
- January 2, 2021 Epiphany Sunday – We welcome the Christ light within each of us that radiates to others. We hear from Andrew Gerber.
- December 27, 2020 We Remember the Christmas Story and Rejoice!
- December 21, 2020 The Longest Night Service. Led by PMF’s Circle of Care.
- December 20, 2020 Fourth Sunday of Advent: On the road to revelation. We hear from Matt Pflederer.
- December 13, 2020 Third Sunday of Advent:On the road to restoration. We hear from Paul Brubaker.
- December 6, 2020 Second Sunday of Advent: On the road to repentance. We hear from Al Mortenson.
- November 29, 2020 First Sunday of Advent: On the road to readiness. We hear from Al Mortenson.
- November 22, 2020 Shepherds and Sheep in Scripture. We hear from Paul Brubaker.
- November 15, 2020 Core Values: “Community embracing diversity” and “A worshiping community – sharing concerns, resources, and faith”. We hear from Stori Sullivan and Erin Stennett.
- November 8, 2020 Core Values: Jesus centered, growing in experience of God’s love, and Valuing the written and living word. We hear from Sherry Schmidt and Wally Shellenberger
- November 1, 2020 All Saints Day, Remembering with Circle of Care
- October 25, 2020 Core Values: Peace, Justiceand Biblical Nonviolence and Loving God and Loving Neighbor with Susan Classen and Andrew Gerber
- October 18, 2020 Core Values: Embracing Children and Youth and Care for Creation with Crystal Shellenberger and Darren Bender-Beauregard
- October 11, 2020 Core Value:Servant Leadership. Installation and Licensing of Paul Brubaker
- September 20, 2020 “Meeting Jesus at the Table- Blessed, Broken & Given” with Crystal Shellenberger and Phil Mininger
- September 13, 2020 “Meet Jesus at the Table – Blessed, Broken, & Given” with Al Mortenson and Andrew Gerber
- August 30, 2020 Pandemic Responses
- August 16, 2020 Pandemic Response with Susan Classen
- August 9, 2020 Pandemic Lament with Paul Brubaker
If you would like to listen to older meditations please contact our church secretary at 812-723-2414 or email@example.com